Orange Pi Zero board series are available in few SoC configurations, where the H5 is the newer one with the same board dimensions and layout as previous H2+ and H3 based boards. The new Pi Zero Plus 2 H5 Board features the latest quad core Cortex A53 64-bit processor with faster processing capabilities, also improved high performance Mali-450MP4 GPU, compared to previous boards that were equipped with the less advanced Mali-400MP2 which only had two shader cores. It also features On board WiFi + BT AP6212 chip, 8GB On board eMMC Storage as well as 512MB DDR3 SDRAM ,IPEX socket, UART debug interface, CSI, 26 PIN header, Micro SD Card slot and additional 13 pin interface that can be used to gain more functions.
Important to mention that the zero plus 2 H5 board isn’t include in the SE7 Kit, therefore you need to buy one separately or alternatively pick a suitable kit available in Orange Pi Store. That said, the SET7 Contains a compact plastic cube shaped case, available in white / black colors and an expansion add-on board that fits inside the case and connects to the zero board trough the 13 pin header, providing two USB 2.0 Hosts, IR Sensor, On board microphone and Analog composite video port.
Hardware Specifications are more than decent if you are planning on building a low cost small home NAS Server or a media player streaming device. As for software support, the board currently supports Android 4.4, Ubuntu, Arch, and Debian Linux distributions. We are not talking about a Raspberry Pi 3 killer, but more of a Raspberry Pi Zero Competitor in terms of hardware specifications. Even with the zero board included It’s definitely a low costly kit with great value cost ratio. For more information and different kit configurations you are welcome to check Orange Pi official Aliexpess store links posted below:
Orange Pi Zero SET7 Kit
Orange Pi Zero Plus 2 H5 Board
Orange Pi Zero Plus 2 H5 specifications:
- SoC – Allwinner H5 quad core Cortex A53 processor
- GPU – 4 core Mali-450MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 512 MB DDR3 SDRAM
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI port
- Camera – MIPI CSI port
- USB – 1x micro USB OTG port
- Debugging – 3-pin serial console header
- Misc – 2x LEDs for power and status
- Expansion headers – Unpopulated 26-pin “Raspberry Pi B+” header + 13-pin header with headphone, 2x USB 2.0, TV out, microphone and IR receiver signals
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 LE (Ampak AP6212) with u.FL antenna connector and external antenna.
- Power Supply – 5V via micro USB port
- Dimensions – 48 x 46 mm
- Weight – 20 grams
Note: This post will be updated to a full review once sample arrives !