Banana Pi BPI-F2S IoT Gateway Solution SBC Starting from $58
SinoVoIP Banana Pi BPI-F2S is a single-board computer (SBC) designed for industrial, IoT, and smart audio applications. It’s Powered by the intriguing SunPlus SP7021 “Plus1” processor with low power consumption Characteristics it features four Cortex-A7 cores, one ARM9 ARM9 real-time core, and one 8051 I/O controller core, as well as up to 512MB built-in DDR3 RAM. As the demand for low-cost hardware solutions raises and IoT connectivity becomes more and more popular worldwide this product offer quite a lot of onboard interfaces such as HDMI, x2 USB 2.0 Hosts, 40-pin GPIO header, two 100Mbps ports and most importantly a 2x 50-pin FPGA interface.
At present, the Banana Pi BPI-F2S was very reasonable software support, featuring major distributions such as Kali, Ubuntu MATE, Debian, Raspbian Buster, Centos, Fedora, and Mozilla IoT smart home gateway which is perhaps the main highlight of this product. Through it, you can connect to multiple devices including sensors and monitor all of them remotely through the web. Another recommended board also worth checking is the Banana Pi BPI-R2 that can also work a type of gateway router device or even a personal NAS server, equipped with tons of features and five 1000 Mb Ethernet ports.
- SoC – Sunplus SP7021 “Plus1” with a quad-core Cortex-A7 processor @ 1.0 GHz, one Arm A926 microprocessor, an 8051 core to handle I/Os, and 128MB or 512MB DDR3 DRAM.
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash, microSD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 output
- The camera I/F – MIPI CSI connector
- Connectivity – 2x 10/100M Ethernet
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB port
- 40-pin GPIO header compatible with Raspberry Pi header
- 2x 50-pin FPGA interface for Trenz Electronic TE0725LP-01-100-2D Artix 7 FPGA board
- Unpopulated, an undocumented 50-pin header that’s appears to be routed to one of the headers for the optional FPGA board
- Debugging – 3-pin header for UART console, 10-pin JTAG header, SWD ICE port
- Security – TPM 2.0 via ST33TPH2EI2C secure element
- Misc – the Power switch, reset button, boot selection dip switch
- Power Supply – 12VDC via power barrel jack
- Dimensions – Still not documented
- Temperature Range – -40C ~ +85°C (at least true for the processor, but not specified for the board itself).