Orange Pi Zero Cheap Single Board Computer for Just $8.99
Orange Pi is an open-source hardware platform designed and sold by Xunlong Software CO.,Limited. The Company offers a wide selection of single board computers based on different Allwinner Solutions, including various additional accessories and software support through Orange Pi community forums. The boards can be used for low cost computing projects, robot design, industrial automation, software development learning and much more, depending on the user imagination.
The Orange Pi Zero is a small size open-source single-board computer based on the Roseberry Pi Zeo board concept. Capable of running Android 4.4, Ubuntu, Debian. It uses the All Winner H2 SoC, and has 256MB/512MB DDR3 SDRAM (256MB version is Standard version). The ideal low cost choice for Open Source and DIY Projects Hobbyists. There are two types of models. The 256MB RAM, sold at a retail price of $6.99 and the 512MB version which costs $8.99. Both boards can be found in Orange Pi Official AliExpress store in the links posted below:
Orange Pi Zero Main Highlights:
- Low Cost Hardware.
- Compact in Size: 48 mm × 46 mm
- Comes with external WiFi Antenna.
- SoC – Allwinner H2(+) quad core Cortex A7 processor @ 1.2 GHz
- GPU – Mali-400MP2 GPU @ 600 MHz
- System Memory – 256 (Basic) or 512 MB DDR3 SDRAM
- Storage – Micro SD card slot.
- External Antenna Support.
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet + 802.11 b/g/n WiFi (Allwinner XR819 WiFi module) with u.FL antenna connector.
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Expansion headers – 26-pin “Raspberry Pi B+” header + 13-pin header with headphone, 2x USB 2.0, TV out, microphone and IR receiver signals
- 1x Orange Pi Zero Board
- 1x User Guide.
- 1x WiFi Antenna.
|Orange Pi Zero – Full Specification Sheet|
|CPU||H2 Quad-core Cortex-A7 H.265/HEVC 1080P.|
|GPU||Mali400MP2 GPU @600MHz Supports OpenGL ES 2.0|
|On-board Storage||Or Flash (2MB Default not posted)|
|On-board Network||10/100M Ethernet RJ45 POE is default off.|
|On-board WiFi||XR819, IEEE 802.11 b/g/n|
|Video Outputs||Supports external board via 13 pins|
|Power Source||USB OTG can supply power|
|USB 2.0 Ports||Only One USB 2.0 HOST, one USB 2.0 OTG|
|Low-level peripherals||26 Pins Header, compatible with Raspberry Pi B+|
13 Pins Header, with 2x USB, IR pin, AUDIO(MIC, AV)
|LED||Power led & Status led|
|Supported OS||Android, Lubuntu, Debian, Raspbian|
|Dimensions & Weight|
|Product size||48 mm × 46 mm|
|Orange Pi™ is a trademark of the Shenzhen Xunlong Software CO., Limited|