Renegade Elite Review | Libre Computer Development Board
A Powerful Small factor Raspberry Pi-style Single Board Computer
Renegade Elite Review
Renegade Elite is a new powerful SBC Based on RockChip RK3399 SoC designed by T-Chip Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd , the company behind the known FireFly board series brand and Shenzhen Libre Technology Co., Ltd specifically to tackle modern applications in artificial intelligence, stereo computer vision, neural networks, robotics, and general purpose GPU compute. It also revolutionizes traditional markets like digital signage, high-density micro-server, and connected edge devices at its $99 price point. All of this is enabled by a device with a form factor that is slightly longer than a 2.5-inch drive.
The Renegade Elite, similar to the Firefly RK3399 Plus board features a Rockchip RK3399 processor with two CPU clusters, the first a dual-core Cortex-A72 optimized for high performance, and a second quad-core Cortex-A53 is optimized for low power. Aside from these, it has a quad-core Arm Mali-T860 MP4 GPU, and 4GB of LPDDR4 SDRAM. The board should be able to run a mainline Linux 4.19+, Linux Rockchip 4.4, or alternatively Android 8 Oreo.
In this board, you will not find a typical Raspberry Pi-style 40-pin GPIO connector. Instead, it comes with two 60-pin headers. The first is a PCI-e header, while the second is a “low-speed” GPIO header. As for other external interfaces, the board comes with 2×USB-C 3.0 connectors both supporting DisplayPort, with one also carrying power. It has an HDMI 2.0 connector and Gigabit Ethernet with optional PoE support.
Looking at the back side of the board, alongside the RK3399 processor, there are two MIPI DSI interfaces, a MIPI CSI interface, and an Embedded DisplayPort Interface connector. The board also features 3×USB-A 2.0 connectors, a micro SD card slot, eMMC interface, an RTC with battery backup, and an IR receiver.
Renegade Elite | Intro
Renegade Elite (ROC-RK3399-PC) | Front
Renegade Elite (ROC-RK3399-PC) | Back
Renegade Elite (ROC-RK3399-PC) | Aluminum Case
- SoC – Rockchip RK3399 hexacore processor with 2x Arm Cortex-A72 @ up to 2.0 GHz + 4 Arm Cortex-A53, Arm Mali-T860MP4 with OpenGL ES 1.1 / 1.2 / 2.0 / 3.1 / 3.2 and OpenCL 1.2 support
- System Memory – 4GB LPDDR4 SDRAM
- Storage – eMMC 5.x interface for storage modules up to 128GB, micro SD card slot, and 128Mbit SPI NOR flash
- Video Output / Display I/F
- HDMI 2.0 connector
- Embedded DisplayPort (eDP) interface
- Up to 2x MIPI DSI Interfaces (one shared with MIPI CSI)
- Camera – Up to 2x MIPI CSI interfaces (one shared with MIPI DSI)
- Connectivity – Low profile Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port with optional Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support
- SB – 1x USB 3.0 Type C with DisplayPort + Power Delivery, 1x USB 3.0 Type C with DisplayPort, 3x USB 2.0 Type A ports
- 60-pin PCI-E Expansion Header
- 60-pin Low-Speed Header
- Debugging – UART Header
- Misc – IR Receiver, RTC with battery backup
- Power Supply – Via USB type C port
- Dimensions – 120 x 72 x 11.9 mm
- Linux Mainline 4.19+
- Linux Rockchip 4.4
- Android 8 Oreo
- Programming support C、C++、Java、Shell、Pyhon etc.