FriendlyElec’s new NanoPi M4V2 single-board computer is a new model launched after the previous NanoPi M4 Model launch. Now, it comes with improved memory bandwidth evolved from LPDDR3 to LPDDR4 and higher, 4GB RAM which should greatly improve overall performance.
The NanoPi M4V2 4GB cost just $70 (excluding shipping). The new board design adds two new buttons—for power and recovery—that were not on the original NanoPi-M4. Other differences in the new NanoPi M4V2 include 2×2 MIMO support with a heavier weight of 50.62 grams (versus 47.70g). Aside from that upgrade, along with the changes we mentioned up top, the NanoPi M4V2 is identical to its predecessor and powered by the latest Rockchip RK3399 CPU.
In the software arena, the NanoPi M4V2 supports Ubuntu Desktop 19.04 (64-bit), Lubuntu 16.04 (32-bit), Ubuntu Core (64-bit), Android 8.1 and Lubuntu Desktop with GPU and VPU acceleration. According to the company, the NanoPi boards are designed for applications including machine learning, AI, deep learning, robots, industrial control, industrial cameras, advertisement machines, game machines, and blockchain.
NanoPi M4V2 | Full view
NanoPi M4V2 Specifications:
- SoC: Rockchip RK3399
- CPU: big.LITTLE，Dual-Core Cortex-A72(up to 2.0GHz) + Quad-Core Cortex-A53(up to 1.5GHz)
- GPU: Mali-T864 GPU，supports OpenGL ES1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1, OpenCL, DX11, and AFBC
- VPU: 4K VP9 and 4K 10bits H265/H264 60fps decoding, Dual VOP, etc
- PMU: RK808-D PMIC, cooperated with independent DC/DC, enabling DVFS, software power-down, RTC wake-up, system sleep mode
- RAM: Dual-Channel 4GB LPDDR4
- Flash: no Onboard eMMC, but has a eMMC socket
- Ethernet: Native Gigabit Ethernet
- Wi-Fi/BT: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth combo module, 2×2 MIMO, dual antenna interface
- Video Input: one or two 4-Lane MIPI-CSI, dual ISP, up to 13MPix/s，supports simultaneous input of dual camera data
- Video output
- HDMI: HDMI 2.0a, supports [email protected]，HDCP 1.4/2.2
- one 4-Lane MIPI-DSI
- Audio Out: 3.5mm Dual channel headphone jack, or HDMI
- Audio In: one microphone input interface
- USB 3.0: four USB 3.0 Type-A ports
- USB Type-C: Supports USB2.0 OTG and Power input
- micro-SD Slot x 1
- 40Pin GPIO Extension ports:
- 3 X 3V/1.8V I2C, up to 1 x 3V UART, 1 X 3V SPI, 1 x SPDIF_TX, up to 8 x 3V GPIOs
- 1 x 1.8V 8 channels I2S
- 24Pin Extension ports:
- 2 independent native USB 2.0 Host
- PCIe x2
- PWM x1, PowerKey
- Operating system — Android 7.1.2; Lubuntu 16.04 (32-bit); FriendlyCore 18.04 (64-bit), FriendlyDesktop 18.04 (64-bit).