The Cubot X17 is Shenzhen Huafurui Technology mid range Android Smartphone launched a few months ago. The company has good reputation investing in product design as well as build quality. Their new stylish X17 model comes with a thick 6.5 mm magnesium alloy frame and with high quality shell.
Quickly jumping into specifications. The X17 hardware includes a Quad Core MTK 6375 processor, 5 Inch JDI IPS FHD Touch Screen with resolution of 1920 x 1080, 3G RAM Memory, 16G Internal storage, 2500 mAh none removable battery, 13MP Rear Camera with Dual LED Flash and a front 5MP camera running the latest Android 5.1 OS. That being said, you are welcome to find more about the product, including price in CUBOT official stores listed below:
X17 Product review (TOC)
- Company Introduction.
- Specs & Product Information.
- Items inside Package.
- Unboxing Video.
- Build Quality & Design.
- Touch Screen.
- Front Camera.
- Back Camera.
- GPS Performance.
- Final Words.
- Model: Cubot X17
- OS: Android 5.1
- CPU: MTK6735 64bit Quad Core up to 1.3GHz
- GPU: Mali-T720
- 3GB RAM + 16GB ROM
- Display: 5.0 inch , 1920 x 1080 FHD Screen
- Camera: 5.0MP front + 13.0MP back with Dual LED Flash.
- SIM Card: Dual SIM dual standby | Nano SIM Card + Micro SIM Card
- External memory: TF card up to 32GB (not included)
- 2500mAh Built-in Battery (Lithium-ion Polymer Battery).
Network & Connectivity:
- Wireless Connectivity: 4G, 3G, GSM, WiFi, A-GPS, Bluetooth 4.0
- WiFi: 802.11b/g/n wireless internet
- Network type: FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM
- 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- 3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
- 4G: FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz
Cubot X17 Phone Layout & Dimensions
CUBOT X17 Package
Items inside Package
- 1x CUBOT X17 Phone.
- 1x Back Protector Case.
- 1x Charger.
- 1x USB Cable (Charging & Data).
- 1x Screen Protector.
- 1x User Manual.
- 1x Eject Pin.
Build Quality & Design
In Chinese standards the X17 build design is superb. The Phone frame is metal CNC manufactured. As for other parts they are made of high quality plastic. In the design area, phone has a very clean and flat design with ~6.7 mm thickness. Touch panel reaches to the outer frame without any space expect the frame surrounding it.
Sim Cards & TF Card: Because the X17 is equipped with a built in 2500 mAh none removable battery, both are located inside an internal tray located on the left side of the phone. Opening the tray is done using the extraction / Eject pin tool that looks similar to a paper clip.
CUBOT X17 | Front & Back Views
The X17 is powered with a Mediatek MT6735 64-bit quad core processor running at clock speeds ranging between 299-1300 MHz. In low operation mode or idle only single core is actually utilized (used). Jumping into the graphics arena, the device is equipped with a dual Mali-T720 GPU that should be sufficient for ruining basic gaming and slightly above it.
AnTuTu Benchmark Test Results
Software & UI
The device came with a very clean ROM without any Chinese applications. Phone currently runs the latest Android 5.1 lollipop operating system and from my first impression, System works very fluent and smooth, without any problems. Again.. No complaints here!!.
The X17 has an excellent JDI 5″ touch screen with a pixel density of 440 dpi. The screen showed exceptional brightness, viewing angels and sharpness. In normal usage its highly recommended enabling the “adaptive brightness” option to conserve additional battery power. In this mode, the screen adjusts brightness using a sensor according to environmental light conditions.
- Front Camera: 5MP Camera produced good quality stills photos.
- Back Camera: 13MP Camera preformed above average in optimal light conditions.
- Dual Flash: Bright and very helpful in taking stills photos in low light conditions.
CUBOT X17 comes with a customized camera application that include many interesting photography options. For example: Panorama mode that lets you take a number of shots and stitch them together, producing a full panoramic photo.
- Microphone: Tested and worked very well with “Sound Recorder” APP.
- Speaker: Sound Quality was good with relative high volume level.
- LED Notification: Located on top, next to the phone ear speaker. This feature gives the user notifications when the phone battery needs charging or when people send instant messaging , e-mails etc..
Test Results were good. The GPS worked “out of the box” without any need for extra tweaking using 3rd side apps. Navigation also tested and worked fine with HERE Maps Application in offline maps mode, without Data Connection.
- Mode: Outdoor Walking.
- Test App : “GPS Test”.
- Accuracy (feet) : 7-9 feet.
- Satellites : In view : 16 , In use: 11.
Battery performance was average for a built in nonremovable 2500 mAh battery, that lasts maximum 4 hours of moderate usage, which includes running WhatsApp / WeChat IM Apps and web surfing under 4G Data Connection.
In standby mode phone can maintain power for more then a day. Another factor affecting battery consumption is that the company used a high class Full HD Touch screen panel that consumes relative high battery power.
In terms of quality and performance the X17 is a superb phone on all levels what definitely makes it a great buy.
For above average users, interested in a faster device for running heavy games I recommend checking other Chinese brands with higher specification based on MediaTek MT6753 Octa Core Processor or to keep an eye on company upcoming new models at www.cubot.com.
- Good GPS.
- Good Cameras.
- Excellent Design.
- Superb Build Quality.
- Excellent touch screen.
- Battery work time could be better.
- No Octa Processor.