The UMi eMax is an entry level Smartphone offers above reasonable specs for 140 – 150 USD Retail Price. Starting with nice lightweight body made from plastic material with back metal brushed look. Phone looks well designed with curved edges making it easier to slide it into a small pocket.
Product Specifications are above decent for average users and include: 5.5-inch LTPS display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920, bigger 3780mAh high capacity battery, 64-bit MediaTek MT6753 Octa Core Processor, T720 GPU, 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage.
The UMi eMax Review will be focusing on:
- Product Intro.
- Hands On Review Video.
- Product info & Specifications.
- Items in Package.
- Design & Build Quality.
- Touch Screen.
- Hardware info & Benchmarks.
- Final Words.
UMI EMAX Hands On Review
- Model: UMI eMax
- Android 4.4 OS (Android Lollipop 5.0 Update).
- Touch Screen: 5.5 inch IPS OGS , 1920×1080 pixels.
- Screen Type: IPS, OGS, Corning III Gorilla Glass IPS OGS
- CPU: MTK6752 64bit Cortex A53 octa core, 1.7GHz
- GPU: Mali-T760
- 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
- Cameras: 5.0MP front + 13.0MP back.
- Dual SIM card dual standby, Micro SIM slot.
- Built-in 3780mAh Battery.
Supported Networks & Connectivity:
- Support FDD LTE/4G/3G/GPS/WiFi/Bluetooth/Miracast
- Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, WCDMA 900/1900/2100, FDD-LTE 1800/2100/2600.
UMI eMax Package
Items in Package
- 1x User Guide.
- 1x UMI eMax Phone.
- 1x 5V-1A Power Adapter.
- 1x USB (Charding/Data) Cable.
- 1x OTG Adapter.
Design & Build Quality
The Umi eMax is made from plastic materials. What makes the phone lightweight (154 gr) to carry. General design and quality are great and the device feels very solid. In normal operation back side doesn’t warm mush.. Again UMI company engineers really put an extra effort in the design.
System & Performance
The phone runs Android KitKat 4.4 OS. Currently there isn’t an official final ROM for Android Lollipop 5.1 ,But I expect it to come out. General Performance and user experience where great , Phone is super fast and touch screen is very responsive. In AnuTuTu Benchmark Tests Device Ranked 41812, Which is a high result for a mtk 6735 Processor with 8 cores (Octa Core)
Umi eMax AnTuTu Benchmark
Whats interesting about this eMax phone is that it has 7 different types of sensors:
- Direction – Orientation sensor.
- G-Sensor – Gravity Sensor.
- Acceleration – 3 axis Accelerometer.
- Light Sensor.
- Proximity Sensor.
- Gyroscope Sensor.
Umi eMax Phone Sensors
Front Camera : Also produced pretty average but reasonable stills photos.
Rear Camera :
Camera performance is pretty average in terms of photo quality, but not too bad compared to the Be Touched 2 from Ulefone company. Many users in the UMI company forum complain that rear camera produces very grainy photos, My partial solution is installing “Fast Burst Camera” App, that helped improving photo quality.
Low Light Photography
Rear camera performance was also average, Again, I don’t expect too much from a 150-200 USD Phones.Only a handful of flagship phones can really produce high quality in extreme low light conditions.
- Touch Screen : Super responsive, very bright with good viewing angles.
- GPS: Worked extremely well and tested in offline mode with Here Maps App.
- Speaker: High audio levels with clear and rich sound.. No Complaints Here.
- Battery: Lasted about a day in moderate usage that includes Web Surfing via WiFi Connection.
Excellent, fast performance phone. Regarding quality of 13MP rear camera, if its a software issue I expect UMI Company will improve the quality problem in providing newer ROM updates. Overall, this product is a great buy if you are looking for an affordable low cost phone.