- Amazfit Neo
- Amazfit Neo – How to Connect
- Amazfit Neo: Advanced. Retro. Versatile
- Amazfit Neo Smartwatch features
- Amazfit Neo Specification
- Amazift Neo: PPG Heart Rate Sensor
- Amazfit Neo: Fitness and sports tracking features
- Amazfit Neo: Monitor Your Health
- Additional Accessories
- Unboxing All Items
- Package Content
- Operation Modes
- Final verdict
- Where can you buy the Amazfit Neo?
Amazfit Neo Review – Hands-on review, specification, features.
Read More Articles:
- Best Netflix VPN 2022: Unblock your privacy
- Banana Pi BPI-R3 Router Board: Wi-Fi 6 & Dual Fiber SFP Ports
- NanoPi R5S Review: Router SBC/Gateway with 2x 2.5GbE
- Banana Pi BPI-M2S OpenWrt Router Gateway with 2x 2.5GbE
- Orange Pi 4 LTS Review: A Low Price Raspberry Pi 4 Alternative
One of the most interesting smartwatches launched in August 2020. The Amazift Neo external design combines an external appearance of a Casio 80s style watch combining with all modern smartwatch capability including mobile connectivity through the ‘Zepp’ App that supports all Amazfit branded devices.
The watch itself comes with 5ATM waterproofing, with the plastic body weighing 32 grams and available in 3 colors: black, deep green, and red. The frame of the watch remains black and only the body and strap match the relevant color. The Neo strap comes in a standard 20 mm size and is interchangeable, as it is made of PUR (Polyurethane).
Amazfit Neo – How to Connect
Amazfit Neo: Advanced. Retro. Versatile
The Amazfit Neo features a retro four-sided screen, equipped with four physical buttons. Its design provides the perfect balance of style for your daily wardrobe and versatile functionality with the use of physical buttons. It’s the perfect combination of classic design and modern features.
Amazfit Neo Smartwatch features
- CONTINUOUS HEART RATE & SLEEP MONITORING: Amazfit Neo Smartwatch can track your heart rate 24/7. Also, can monitor your sleep. Once synchronized to the app, you can review the various stages and quality of your sleep.
- RETRO DESIGN 1.2” ALWAYS-ON DISPLAY WITH LIFT-TO-WAKE BACK LIGHT: This smartwatch features a retro-styled, always-on display that lets you see the screen clearly under bright light. The Lift-to-wake feature allows you to activate the screen quickly.
- ULTRA-LONG 28-DAY BATTERY LIFE: The Amazfit Neo fitness smartwatch has impressive long battery-life and power-management capabilities. It also can be used for up to 28 days on a typical usage & 37 Days on a basic usage on a single full charge.
- 5-ATM WATER RESISTANT & 3 SPORTS MODE TRACKING: This sports smartwatch features a durable case and PUR strap providing effective waterproofing to 50 meters depth. Running, walking, or cycling, the resilient design will perform in tough environments.
- MESSAGE AND PHONE CALL NOTIFICATIONS: Amazfit Neo smart watch is designed for both men and women. It can sync text messages, e-mails, and notifications from a number of popular apps on your smartphone such as Call Reminders, Alarm Clock, Sedentary Reminders, etc.
Amazfit Neo Specification
|Display type||FSTN monochrome screen|
|Display size||1.2 inch|
|Colors||Red, Black, and Green|
|Dimensions||40.3 x 41 x 11.7 mm|
Compatible with Android 5.0+ and iOS 10.0+
|Dial||Band material: TPU|
Case material: ABS,PC
Shape of the dial: Square Shaped
Dial size: 1.2 inch
|Straps||Polyurethane (PUR) straps, 20mm width|
|Features||Real-time heart rate monitor|
5ATM water resistance
Call and App Notification alerts
Idle Alert, Alarm, and Stopwatch
|Sensors||PPG Bio-Tracking Optical Heart Rate Sensor, accelerometer|
|Battery||Battery Capacity: 160mAh|
Charging Time: About 4 hours
Standby time: About 28 days
|Package Contents||1 x Smart Watch|
1 x Charging Cable
1 x Manual
|Dimensions and Weight||Product weight: 0.0320 kg|
Package weight: 0.1150 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 4.03 x 4.10 x 1.17 cm / 1.59 x 1.61 x 0.46 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 18.40 x 8.50 x 3.30 cm / 7.24 x 3.35 x 1.3 inches
Amazift Neo: PPG Heart Rate Sensor
The Amazfit Neo can track your heart rate 24/7. Equipped with BioTrackerTM PPG Bio-Tracking Optical Sensor that can monitor your heart rate 24 hours a day, providing real-time heart rate monitoring to help you better understand your health status.
Amazfit Neo: Fitness and sports tracking features
Supported by BioTrackerTM PPG sensor3 and powerful algorithms, the Amazfit Neo helps track your exercise, including steps, calories. Choose from running, walking, or cycling modes and view more detailed information about your exercise time, heart rate, and increase your PAI value score.
Amazfit Neo: Monitor Your Health
The Amazfit Neo integrates the innovative PAI Health Assessment System, which eliminates the need to track complicated data and allows you to intuitively understand your physical state at a glance.
PAITM can be used anytime, anywhere, and with any form of exercise in your daily life. Get a clear understanding of your health through your PAI score without having to keep track of complex data.
Amazift Neo users can also find plenty of accessories that can be purchased separately that will help upgrade the watch appearance and make it more fashionable. For example, silicon made strap or metal with different designs or even an Anti-Scratch protective film that helps protect the display from scratches.
Unboxing All Items
- x1 User Guide (Multi-language)
- x1 Amazfit Neo Watch
- 1x USB Charger
As noted before. The Amazfit Neo is a retro style health sports watch. In external appearance, it reminds the old fashion Casio watch that was very popular iconic item sold in the 80s. But don’t get confused, Its not an ordinary “dumb” watch, but a pretty advanced wearable that can be worn independently and also operated with Amazift ‘Zepp’ mobile app, available for both Android and Apple devices.
Amazfit Neo Smartwatch| Front & Rear views
Wearing the Amazfit Neo watch
In the materiel and weight departments. The Amazfit Neo shell is completely made from ABS plastic and comes with ~20 cm length x 2 cm (width) strap made from a relatively soft Polyurethane (PUR) material. In result of the smart selection of materials you get a super light product, weighting just 29g. Making it an ideal pick for adults and especially children of all ages.
From our impression. It’s very easy to operate the Amazfit Neo watch. Most of the settings can be controlled throughout the phone or manually via the smartwatch operation buttons. To switch between different operating modes you just use the up/down navigation keys until you reach the required mode.
Because the Amazfit Neo has a lot of interesting functions and its almost impossible cover all of them in details, we will focus the most unique and relevant features we found in this product.
Backlight – A great option if you’re using the watch in low light environments, including at night.
To manually turn the option one you simply press the ‘BACK’ button for a few seconds and the display backlight turns on for a few seconds to give you a quick peek and then automatically shuts down.
The automatic option is more advanced. It turns the backlight every-time a wrist movement is detected. You can find the option in ‘Zepp’ App under `Lift wrist to view info’. Within the settings section, you can program or turn this option to work continuously for a day.
- Display – The Amazfit Neo features a 1.2 inch Super-twisted nematic (STN) display panel that is not only guarantee very low power battery consumption, but also offers good visibility under direct sunlight conditions, which makes it a great choice for outdoor activities. The display UI layout is very organized, composed of the time, date, day. On the top left corner of the display you have your operation modes/status indicator displayed as a series of icons according to selected modes.
- 10+ Different Operation modes: Calories, Distance, DND, Heart rate, PAI, Stopwatch, Weather, World clock, Alarm, Call ,(Battery Status).
The Amazfit Neo Smartwatch | Outdoors view in a sunny day
- Heart Rate – The 24/7 heart rate monitoring mode preformed extremely well and was easy to operate. The function can be turned on without the use of the ‘Zepp’. If you need more detailed information, the app offers detailed measurement information such as day of the week and time they were taken. You also have different heart rate zones divided into specific physiological categories: Relaxed, Light, Intensive, Aerobic, Anaerobic, and V̇O2 max (maximum rate of oxygen consumption) we didn’t test yet.
- World Clock – displaying different time-zones on the watch.
- Weather – viewing current weather status and temperatures.
The Amazfit Neo is powered by a 160 mAh lithium-ion polymer battery. To charge the watch you can use a standard 5V – 500 mA USB Host. In terms of design its simple and effective. The USB cable comes with the small base, which basically attaches with minimal pressure to two conductive contact points on the back of the watch.
Charging the Amazfit Neo Smartwatch
Phone Call Notification
The phone call notification worked well for us. When the user receives an incoming call the first thing you hear is a notification beeping sound followed with the called ID name displayed the watch upper area.
Based on the user guide brochure translations to various languages . The Amazfit Neo watch supports up to +20 languages, including right-to-left languages such as Hebrew and Arabic.
The Amazfit Neo displaying incoming call notification in Hebrew language
Instant messaging (IM)
On the less positive side, the watch doesn’t offer IM, text notification function so the only notification that you get is in a form of beeping sound. Most users would probably find this missing feature to be disappointing as one of the main ideas using a smart watch is to read text notifications without taking the phone out from a small pocket / bag.
We couldn’t figure out why the size of the ‘Zepp’ Android APP installation file was about ~98 MB, which is significantly big for a mobile app. Leaving this issue aside , the app offers a lot of interesting features under a very reasonable organized UI. We liked the Short, sleep monitoring, and the heart rate monitoring functions. Common sports activities such as walking and running are also included and run jointly with the Google Maps service.
The Amazfit Neo watch is a totally awesome product with great design. Plus. The price is also excellent. It is a perfect gift for children and adults with a strong nostalgic sense of the 80’s. Bottom line, we loved and strongly recommended!
Where can you buy the Amazfit Neo?
AliExpress Amazfit Global Retail Store
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.