Rikomagic MK06 Review: Low Cost Kodi/XBMC Mini PC
Last updated on August 2nd, 2019 at 09:17 am
Rikomagic’s MK06 New Android TV box is equipped with the latest low level Amlogic S905 Quad-core Cortex A53 64 bit processor operating at frequency up to 2.0 GHz, running under Android Lollipop 5.1 operating system. This is Rikomagic first Cost effective product based on lower specs and very attractive price tag of USD 59 (including shipping). More than enough for Kodi/XBMC Software usage, streaming video from the internet, playing games and installing applications from google play store. The MK06 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) uses the newest Pentra-Core Mali 450 that operates at a high clock speed up to 750 MHz, which should offer improved performance compared to previous Mali-450 Solution released to the market.
That said, the MK06 is powered by Amlogic S905 Soc and comes with 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, x3 USB Ports, Micro SD Slot. Amlogic S905 offers a few improvements in the video decoding area and support UHD 4K @60fps HW decoding, multiple formats including H.265/HEVC 10-bit, H.264, AVS+ and also FHD 1080p @60fps HW encoding, H.264 also offers DTS & Dolby audio pass through. For further information, you are welcome to visit Rikomagic official Store AliExpress link posted below:
The MK06 Review will be focusing on the followings:
- Product introduction.
- Package Content.
- Unboxing Video.
- Items in package.
- Design & Quality.
- Performance & Benchmarks.
- Kodi/XBMC Playback Demo Video.
- Final Words.
Rikomagic MK06 Specifications:
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- SoC: Amlogic S905 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz
- GPU: Penta-core Mali-450MP Up to 750MHZ, OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 and Open VG 1.1
- Memory: 1GB DDR3 + Storage: 8GB NAND flash.
- SD card slot: up to 32GB.
- Interfaces: HDMI 2.0, AV, coaxial S/PDIF.
- USB: x2 USB 2.0 host ports + x1 USB host OTG
- Connectivity: 10/100/1000M Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Video Codec: [email protected] Hz video decoding 10-bit HEVC and AVS+ codec support;H.264 up to 4K 30 Hz.
- IR Remote Control.
- Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
- Weight: 0.6 kg
- Dimensions: 116 x 112 x 18.91 mm.
- 1x RKM MK06 TV Box.
- 1x HDMI Cable.
- 1x IR receiver,
- 1x User Guide.
- 1x Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
MK06 Unboxing Video
Design & Quality
Rikomagic quality remains solid. Company used the sames case design as with their previous models: MK12 and MK68. At the base unit you have series of venting holes for cooling the PCB, Assembled inside the Casing. Bottom line, all was good and I didn’t find any problems.
Rikomagic MK06 | Full View
SoC Comparison : Performance, Benchmarks, Features
Based on CF-Bench test results. The MK06 ranked approximately ~16% better in performance compared to the M12 Set-top box based on the S812 32-bit processor, running Android 4.4 Kitkat Operating system.
AnTuTu Benchmark Tests: MK12 Vs. MK06
When comparing performance of both platforms with AnTuTu Benchmark. The MK06 score is still leading compared the MK12 hardware, but not with a significant gap. According to the information, the main reason is the memory performance is much better in the MK06 that runs under Android 5.1 Lollipop Operating system.
Amlogic S905 Vs. S812 SoC Features Comparison
- Low-power Consumption.
- HDMI 2.0 ports allowing 2160p @ 60 Hz video output.
- 4K H.265 hardware video decoding up to 60 fps.
- The Cortex-A53 architecture delivers 64-bit capability, capable of seamlessly supporting 32-bit and 64-bit code.
- Android 5.x and above Support.
- The Cortex-A9 architecture delivers 32-bit capability.
- HDMI 2.0 ports allowing 2160p @ 30 Hz video output
- 4K H.265 hardware video decoding up to 30 fps.
- Android 4.42 Support.
Rikomagic MK06 : Main UI & Kodi/XBMC Playback Demo
Overall the MK06 Worked very well and provides above decent performance for the average home user, that likes to watch streamed movies through 3rd party Apk’s and Kodi media player software. Bottom line, Its a good and cost effective buy.