Visson V52A EZCast Wireless Display Adapter Review
EZCast V52A is a brand new Wireless Miracast / DLNA Display Dongle privately manufactured by Shenzhen Visson Technology Co., Ltd. Company sale and manufactures a large selection of Android products including their known VS ATV 106 Dual Core Amlogic Set-Top Box that’s very popular on many retail (B2C) websites. Recently they also added a wide selection of new Wireless Display dongles based on Actions, Realtek and Rockchip chipsets.
V52A dongle software is based on EZECAST solution that offer a nicer UI user experience and wider Compatibility across multiply OS includes a PC Mirroring option supported by Windows 7/8 operating systems. Special thanks to the Visson company for providing test sample.
- Operating system: Linux OS
- Supports 1080P video @30fps video Playback
- Supported Standards: DLAN, Airplay and Miracast.
- The EZCAST Cross Platform software supports: iOS, MAC OS, Android, Windows
- Built-in Android Miracast Support – Mobile devices with Android 4.2.1 and above.
- Stream/Mirror Online & Local content on Smart Phones /Tablets/ TV/ Projector.
- OTA (Over the Air) Firmware Updating Support (Online firmware updating service).
- Watch and cast movies from YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon to your TV.
- Compatible with Android and Apple mobile devices.
Product review will be focusing on the followings:
- Product specification
Chipset : V5A Display Dongle hardware is based on AM8251 CPU from Actions Semiconductor Soc running at Clock speeds between 600MHz – 1GHz .
Two Wire Spited USB Cable: External Wi-Fi (Antenna) & USB Male connector (Power)
Items in Package:
1x EZCast V52A Wireless Display Dongle.
1x USB Cable.
1x User Manual.
High quality made from ABS plastic with rubber coating. The design resembles the Prometheus Spaceship Android Box design. In bottom side you can see vent holes in “V” Shape agreement and on the side you have the Reset & Firmware is updated Button.
V52A Wireless Display Adapter Connected to USB Cable
Side View – V52A connected to the TV
EZCAST Software Main UI
Over-the-Air (OTA) Firmware Updating Service
Photo – Casting photos
Camera – Mirroring Mobile Device Camera on TV
Music – Send Music Streams
Video – Steam video files via external video apps
Document – Casting documents from mobile device local storage.
Web – Mirroring websites in Browser Mode.
Cloud Video – Support Cloud Storage based services such as : Google Drive , Dropbox Services etc.
Update – Display notes on latest firmware & APKs .
MirrorEZMirror – Miracast/Mirroring function ( Supported Mobile devices with Android OS V4.2.1 and above )
DLNA – Support External DLNA Based Apps : Skita , DlnaPlayer, MoliPlayer , flipps etc.
EZCAST Android Mobile App
Google Play Link : EZCast
Testing Platform & Conditions
- Internet connection : 100MB Cable Connection
- Connection Type : Wireless
- Approximated Distance from Access Point : ~10M
- Environment : closed space (indoors)
- Client Software : EZCAST Android App Ver. 1.1.108
- Mobile Device : ZOPO 810 (Hardware : MT6589 Quad Core CPU , OS : Android 4.2.1 )
Note: All Applications listed in the table above are available in Google Market
Note : Following Samples were tested with a dlna Certified App named Skifta
Works smoothly, I didn’t see any lags or frame skipping, playing 1080P video samples in MX Player. Browsing the internet in mirroring mode also worked fast without any glitches.
In DLNA Mode there were a few seconds buffering right to start when I played high birthrate video samples, but it’s more related to the distance from my hotspot and bandwidth usage with DLNA technology. Highly recommended using the EZMirror (Miracast) option that consumes less bandwidth and resources.
Products general quality is very high and performs well as specified by manufacturer.
Company Website: http://www.vissontech.com
Aliexpress store: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/223881