Flyshark iLeop 360 Bluetooth Keyboard Review
Last updated on May 10th, 2018 at 06:09 am
Gaoxi designed an innovative foldable Bluetooth keyboard called iLeop 360 that initially started as a Kickstarter campaign and also own best product awards from Alibaba for their high achievement. The product itself is very compact in size which can be easily fitted into a small pocket. It works with any Bluetooth mobile device, for example, Smartphones, Tablet PCs, Android TV Boxes.
Shenzhen Gaoxin Electronics Digital Co Limited Founded in 2004, the company is a high-tech enterprise specializing in the development, manufacturing, and marketing of digital electronic products, Including Android Tablet PC, DVB Receiver, DVD. Adopting international-standard technologies, Their main components are all imported from reputable suppliers overseas. These include SONY, SANYO, HITACHI, SAMSUNG, ALI, MSD etc.
Product review will be focusing on the followings:
- Product intro.
- General Product info & Specifications.
- Package items
- Operation & User Experience.
Main Features :
- Model: GX019.
- Standby time: 60 days.
- Battery capacity: 180 mAh.
- Bluetooth Chip: Broadcom.
- Operating distance: 10 meters.
- Type: Portable Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard.
- Shell Material: Metal (Aluminum).
- OS Support: Apple, Android, Windows.
- Product Dimensions: 5.1 x 3.1 x 0.5 inches.
- Applications : Tablet PCs , iPad , Smartphones.
- Built-in Chargeable Battery (Charges via Micro USB port).
Shortcut Keys Functions :
- Play mode.
- Remote camera controller – Can be used as RC with Mobile Phone for taking pictures.
Package included :
- 1 x Bluetooth 3.0 foldable Keyboard
- 1 x USB Cable.
- 1 x User Manual.
There wasn’t any info on the back box description specifying the product also supports Android devices expect iOS-based products.
On the Internal package you can see the keyboard layout drawing with a ‘Thank you’ note.
- 1 x USB Charging Cable.
- 1 x iLeop 360 Keyboard.
- 1 x User Manual.
There are cheaper keyboards, then the iLeop360 sold on Amazon and eBay at retail prices ranging between $29-52 with shell mostly made from plastic material. According to information given by GAOXIN they are sticking with their high-quality standards and their retail prices can range from $40 up to $55 depending on quantity orders.
iLeop 360 Design is very smart. The keyboard is composed of two separate pieces connected with an axis opening at 180 degrees and a small lock button. Finally, in the end, you have a plastic flexible sleeve covering the mechanism, protecting it from corrosion and dirt.
The back cover is made from aluminum alloy material. It should defiantly improve product stiffness and also make it more durable to scratches. The back cover is probably manufactured by stamping manufacturing process. From my knowledge on aluminum its very easy to engrave and color it in a wide selection of colors via anodizing process or other coating technologies.
On mass orders GAOXIN company offers customers an option to engrave their drawing or Logo brand name, making it more of a fashionable accessory to carry in a pocket and not just a simple everyday item.
Build quality is high, But I did notice that in a closed state, one side of the keyboard didn’t fully closed, leaving about ~1 mm space (gap) between the two keyboard parts. I am not sure if this small gap is related to spring strength weakness or keys interfering with device closing.
- User experience.
Pairing the keyboard with other device is a simple, straightforward process. Basically, you can pair it with any mobile device that has Bluetooth support.
Paring process :
- Enabling Bluetooth mode (Auto discovery mode).
- Pressing the pairing button located on the side of the keyboard for few seconds until you get a paring request from your mobile device.
- To confirm and complete connection you will need to type the pairing key with your iLeop 360 and finally click on the “enter” key Now, you should get a message that your device is connected and that’s it your set to go.
Not so informative and lacks basic information about Android product compatibility, including keyboard special function keys Like Camera, Screenshot. There wasn’t any info about how the user should operate them except a table with button description and symbols. As a buyer/end user, It could be nice to have additional explanations, for example, what specific key combination or steps are needed to activate the mentioned functions and so forth..
The iLeop 360 is easy to operate. Keys are soft on pressing and the general feeling was pretty good for a miniature small sized keyboard. Enough for writing documents or surfing the web.
iLeop 360 Keyboard paired with Lenovo A5500-F ( 8″ Tablet PC )
Nice and handy product to carry in a small pocket along with a Tablet PC, Especially if you’re using popular services like Google Docs or Microsoft Office 365 cloud services for document editing, writing notes. Defiantly good quality product and very recommended.
- Good Quality.
- Very user-friendly and easy to use.
- User Manual & product description need improvements.
- One side of the keyboard didn’t fully close in a folded state (Note: Needs further checking).
Alibaba ( Wholesale Inquiries): Click Here