The Zoweetek i28-1 2.4 GHz wireless Keyboard combines all in one (combo) product that includes few nice features such as a flying mouse + touch-pad functions with a mini compact keyboard. The i28-1 comes with a 3.7V removable, rechargeable polymer Lithium-ion battery that can be charged via provides USB cable.
It’s a very handy product for surfing on the internet, browsing website news, watching TV, listening to music, chatting and so on. With the fly mouse function, you can control android set-top boxes (Mini PCs) or other Linux, Windows and Android-based OS devices.In addition, the user can control the mouse cursor movements across the screen using the touch-pad surface, or use the navigation buttons to navigate between screens.
Zoweetek i28-1 Keyboard (English Version)
Zoweetek i28-1 Review will be focused on the followings:
- Product introduction
- Specs & Product Features
- Items inside Package
- Design and Build Quality
- Final Words
- Model: i28-1 (English).
- Colour: Black
- Brand: Zoweetek
- Receiver(dongle): Nano style
- Connect port: USB2.0 above
- Processor (MCU): Sonix Serials
- Frequency range: 2.403GHz ~ 2.480GHz
- Transmit mode: 2.4GHz wireless, up to 10 meters
- Transmit Power: Less than +4db
- Power supply: Rechargeable polymer Lithium-ion battery
- Battery Type: BL-5C
- Operating Current: <60mA;When backlit LED is on:100mA
- Charging voltage: 4.4V ~ 5.25V
- Charging current: 300 mA
- Sleeping Current class 1:6uA
- Operation Voltage: 3.7V
- Modulation: GFSK
- TX Power: Less than +5dBm
- Transmission rate: 1M bit/sec
- Frequency tolerance: +/-30ppm
- Power consumption: 10mA(on), 0.1mA(sleep)
- Product Size: 146.8 mm*102 mm*20 mm
- Product weight: 130g
- Item size: 155*108*23 mm
- Item weight: 150g
- 71 Keys QWERTY 2.4 G Wireless Keyboard
- Functions: Mini Keyboard + Air Mouse + Touch-pad
- Materials: TPU Keys+PC Shell
- 2.4G Wireless Receiver, Plug-and-Play
- With 300mA Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery
- Operating distance: 10 m
- Multi-function Handheld Keypad
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Mac OS
- Windows Vista, Windows CE, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Linux (Debian-3.1, Redhat-9.0, Ubuntu-8.10, Fedora-7.0 tested)
- Android OS (With standard USB interface)
- x1 ZW i28-1 Keyboard
- x1 USB Wireless Receiver
- x1 User Manual
- x1 USB charging cable
ZW i28-1 Keyboard | All Items
i28-1 Keyboard Package
Unboxing All Items
Items inside Package
- x1 Zoweetek i28-1
- x1 USB Cable
- x1 User Manual
Design and Build Quality
The I28-1 surface has a nice rubber-type feeling. From the first impression, the external look and design are good. I did have a few minor issues in build quality with two loose plastic parts located on the back of the device. Although it doesn’t affect the device operation in any way, it’s still worth mentioning and shouldn’t happen.
The Keyboard is very easy to operate under windows and android OS. Navigation keys, including volume levels, were very handy and also comfortable operating KODI software under Android OS. The touchpad comes really handy and offers different combinations by using different finger gestures.
- Tapping with On Finger: Opening Applications, Opening / Closing screens.
- Dragging With On Finger: Moving the Screen Cursor.
- Dragging Two Fingers: Zooming into objects/photos.
- Dragging Three Finger: Similar to Mouse Right Click.
Status Light (Operation Mode Status)
You basically have 3 types of modes displayed with a series of LED lights located on the top of the i28-1 keyboard:
- RED: When the unit is turned off and charged.
- BLUE: Normal Operation Mode.
- PINK AND BLUE: When the keyboard transmits data the Nano dongle unit (when touchpad or keys are pressed).
The i281-1 comes with a 3.7V detachable Type BL-5C Lion-ion Battery assembled in the battery housing along with a special small compartment for holding the Nano dongle unit. From my first impression, before getting the sample from just looking at the product photos, the housing internals didn’t look, of high quality, but later after receiving the product my concerns were gone. The Housing of the battery looked much better in reality and with very reasonable quality.
Charging The Unit
Charging the Unit is done with provided USB Cable using a Standard USB Port via PC or external power adapter (Not Included). In normal usage, the LED light colours are turned blue. When the device is charged, the led light, turn red until no light is emitted, indicating that the unit is fully charged.
The i28-1 is a very nice mini wireless keyboard that combined good keyboard functions, is very easy to operate. Kodi fans, including TV Box owners searching for a mini combo keyboard solution with touchpad, will enjoy it since it gives good value for money with above decent quality and features. Information about it can be found in official Zoweetek AliExpress Here.