Mi5 Smartwatch Review
Gocomma Mi5 is not a typical Bluetooth wearable device you can find in low budget segment smartwatches market. It comes in a low price tag of just $20. It has all the functions you need in the intelligent Mi Xiaomi band series. Xiaomi fans can enjoy this product by getting the very best mobile experience using it, along with their android and iOS smartphones.
The Mi5 smartwatch supports IP67 waterproof standards. It’s water-resistant, meaning the product can stop water from entering it to some degree, but not entirely. It’s an excellent choice for sports activities involving limited contact with water. Still, there is no guarantee of protection from submersion in other liquids such as – beer, coffee, Salt Water, soda, and so forth.
A few useful features all users can benefit from are the call answering option, Health monitoring functions, message notifications pushing, and a comfortable squared-shaped display size of 1.54 inches; displaying different tasks on the same screen is another advantage and a good thing to have.
Mi5 Smartwatch Colors
Mi5 Main Features
- Call function – Music playback, frequently used contact list, voice dialing of incoming calls, call dialing, SOS call, call, incoming call answering/rejecting.
- Exercise monitoring – Pedometer, exercise time, running track, mileage, calories, exercise mode (walking, running, cycling, climbing)
- Health monitoring – Heart rate measurement (hourly measurement), blood pressure measurement, blood oxygen measurement, sleep monitoring.
- Smart reminder – Sedentary reminder, call reminder, information push (SMS/QQ/WeChat/Skype/Facebook/Twitter/Line/WhatsApp).
- Wristband UI language – Chinese/English/Spain/Portugal/Russian/Thai.
- Other functions – Long bright Display, turn bright wrist screen, custom brightness, silent mode, find the bracelet, WeChat sports, shake to take pictures, music control, weather push, stopwatch, alarm clock.
- Support Android and Apple – Ledong Wearable (iOS system download in APP Store, Android system can download and use by scanning the QR code on the manual).
- Model: Mi5
- Product Size:42x37x11mm
- Colour:Black / Silver / Pink Gold/Blue/Green
- Bluetooth: BLE 5.0
- Waterproof level: IP67
- Master chip: HS6620
- Heart rate chip: HRS3300
- RAM：128kb， SFlASH：512kb
- Operation method:Full touch + function button
- Type: 1.54-inch full fit, full touch
- Resolution: 240 * 240 pixels
- Battery Type: Built-in pure cobalt lithium battery
- Battery capacity: 200 mAh
- Charging time is about 3 hours
- Standby time: 3-15 days (Varies according to the actual operating environment and usage).
- Texture Zinc Alloy Case + Liquid Silicone Strap
What’s inside the package
- x1 Mi5 Smartwatch.
- x2 straps
- x1 User Guide.
- x1 Charger (USB Type).
Mi5 Smartwatch | Build Quality
The Gocomma company team did a great job in the quality & design departments giving the product great looks, including quality, as you would buy a $30-40+ product. Although the Mi5 smartwatch is composed of plastic-made parts, the product didn’t feel cheap for a $20 smartwatch.
Mi5 Smartwatch – Software
The ‘Lefun Health‘ is maybe the less attractive side of this product in terms of UX design, but the app works well and provides all the necessary functions for health and sports activities any user would enjoy and be happy to have.
Mi5 Smartwatch – First Setup and Operation
The provided user guide was useless because it was printed in small letters. Even a superman would have to use a magnifying glass to read the small words. Having said that, as the first step, you will need to download the ‘Lefun Health‘ mobile app available on the google play store. The less simple option is scanning a QR code displayed on the Mi5 watch using QR software installed in a smartphone and downloading android or apple mobile apps from the links according to the device OS.
The app installation was generally easy. The only confusing step was trying to pair with the watch under android Bluetooth settings and not within the ‘Lefun Health’ mobile app as it should. After solving this misunderstanding issue, everything worked well, and the phone was successfully paired with the smartwatch.
Gocomma Mi5 | Mobile App download QR Code
- Changeable Faces
- Telephone Function
- Health and Fitness
- Blood Oxygen Saturation (SpO2) Measurement
- Blood pressure monitor
- Heart-rate monitor
- SOS Function
The changeable faces s another nice feature that lets you change the appearance of your main Mi5 watch screen. You can pick different face styles with the Lefun Health mobile app and download them directly to your Mi5 smartwatch. After downloading a face, you can switch between different designs by pressing a few seconds on the watch display, as shown in the video below.
Syncing a selected face with the Mi5 Smartwatch
2. Telephone Function
One of the highlights of the Mi5 smartwatch is the ability to call & answer phone calls remotely through the Mi5, An option that worked well without problems. The sound was not ideal for making/answering phone calls. To properly hear the caller, you must keep a minimum distance of about 10 cm from your ear.
Mi5 Smartwatch Dial Pad
An echo cancellation option would be nice, but again we didn’t have too high expectations from a $20 smartwatch, and it worked very reasonably. You can use the phone call function during sports activities such as running or walking while your phone is on your arm or inside a pocket. It’s sometimes needed when you don’t want to stop your exercise during training/exercise sessions.
You can also find a history list of all incoming and outcalls under the ‘records‘ screen and dial back the number if needed. You can import your smartphone contacts list and use them too.
4. ports and Fitness
The Mi5 supports the most common sports activities in the health and fitness arena. Here are four different sports modes users can use in everyday daily training /sports activities.
Gocomma Mi5 Smartwatch| Sports and Fitness Modes
5. health Monitoring
- Heart-rate – The Heart-rate monitor function worked well. s for test results, they looked close in accuracy to those of medical complaint devices such as the SANITAS wrist blood pressure monitor. Remember that the SANITAS monitor device works entirely differently and does not monitor real-time heart rate changes like the smartwatch; therefore, the pulse measurement values displayed on the watch values can dynamically change in seconds.
- Blood Oxygen Saturation – It’s unknown how this function is medically accurate, but it worked and reported blood-oxygen saturation of %95.
- Blood pressure – Our test results looked not very accurate compared to the SANITAS wrist blood pressure monitor.
Gocomma Mi5 Smartwatch | Health Modes
This is an excellent solution for any kind of emergency when the phone is not in reach but still in proximity of the ~5-10m range limit.
You first need to import emergency phones from your smartphone contacts list and sync (Download) them with the Mi5 smartwatch to use this option. Then you can automatically place an emergency call using your Mi5 smartwatch.
Mi5 Smartwatch – Display
The Mi5 has a square-shaped 1.54-inch display with a resolution of 240×240 pixels. From our experience, the screen provides decent quality and sharpness.
Mi5 Smartwatch | Charging
According to user feedback, the expected battery life of the Mi5 smartwatch is about 14 days. e will update this article once we test the watch for a more extended period.
Mi5 Smartwatch | Verdict
The Mi5 smartwatch is good quality, low-cost product worth buying. Suppose you are not interested in burning a hole in your pocket by buying more expensive smartwatches starting at the $40 price tag. In that case, it’s packed with useful everyday features children and adults would love to use, so we highly recommend it.
Where can You Buy It?
Gocomma Mi5 Smartwatch
Good value for money!