The Rock Pi X is an X86 single board Computer that runes Windows 10.
The Rock Pi X
ROCK Pi X is the first X86 SBC (Single Board Computer) by Radxa. It can run Windows and Linux distributions.
ROCK Pi X features an Intel Cherry Trail quad-core processor Z8350, 64bit dual channel 1866Mb/s LPDDR3, up to [email protected] HDMI, 3.5mm jack with mic, 802.11 ac WIFI, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Port, GbE LAN, 40-pin color expansion header, RTC. Also, ROCK Pi X supports USB PD and QC powering.
ROCK Pi X comes in two models, Model A and Model B, each model has 1GB, 2GB, or 4GB ram options. for the detailed difference between Model A and Model B, please check the Specifications.
With given hardware specifications, the Rock Pi X should perform reasonably well running Windows 10 and various Linux distributions. The 2GB RAM model with 16GB eMMC flash storage is currently priced at $59. If you need a second zoom workstation for remote educational purposes, then the Rock Pi X can be used as a mini PC home solution at a very affordable price.
- Best 5G Phones 2021-2022 List | Upcoming & New 5G Mobiles
- Banana Pi BPI-R3 Router board: Wi-Fi 6 & Dual Fiber SFP Ports
- Best VPN Deals 2022 – get the best price on privacy in 2022
- Orange Pi 3 LTS: Cheap & Powerful SBC Designed for IoT
- Best Camera Phones 2021-2022 | Best phones for photography
A single USB 3.0 port was also added for external storage. The remaining three USB ports are USB 2.0, are best used for keyboard and mouse. The USB C port provides power and OTG support. A single HDMI 1.4 port offers 4K at 30 Hz. Unlike the Raspberry Pi, the Rock Pi X has no CSI (Camera) or DSI (Display) ports with 40 pin GPIO, which is compatible with the Raspberry Pi.
- SoC – Intel Atom x5-Z8350 “Cherry Trail” quad-core processor @ 1.44 GHz / 1.92 GHz (Turbo) with Intel Gen8 HD graphics @ 500 MHz
- System Memory – 1 GB, 2 GB. or 4GB LPDDR3-1866
- Storage – 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB or 128GB eMMC flash , MicroSD card socket
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 port up to 4K @ 30 Hz
- Audio I/O – Via HDMI, 3.5mm audio jack
- Gigabit Ethernet with PoE support (additional PoE HAT required),
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 4.2 Classic + LE with u.FL antenna connector
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB OTG Type-C port
- Expansion – 40-pin Raspberry Pi compatible header with 6x GPIOs, 2x UART, 2x SPI, 2x I2C, 1x PCM/I2S, 1x SPDIF, 2x PWM, 1x ADC, and power signals (5V, 3.3V and GND)
- Misc – Power button, LED, RTC with battery connector
- 5V-20V up to 3A/1A Via USB-C port with QC and PD fast charging support;
- AXP288C PMIC
- PoE support via additional HAT
- Dimensions – 3.3 x 2.1 inches (85 x 54 mm)
Where to Buy?
Rock X SBC is currently available on the official AllNet China company website Here, at a starting price tag of $59 for the 2GB RAM model. You can also pick your personal preferred configuration based on the amount of RAM and eMMC storage.