The CXS806 is Wellglobal latest Android Set-Top Box based on Amlogic S812 Soc Solution. Similar to all Amlogic products this product should offer good support and compatibility with Kodi/XBMC media player software playing high bit-rate Videos. Basically, there are two types of models, One with a built-in camera model and another without. This review will focus on their camera model equipped with Broadcom 6210 WiFi module which has a big advantage in video streaming and file transfer performance.
Product review will be focusing on the followings:
- Product Features, introduction, Specs.
- Items in the package.
- Design & Quality.
- Product Video: Unpacking, Kodi/XBMC Demo.
- Final Words.
- Operating System: Android 4.4.
- Comes Pre-install with XBMC/Kodi.
- Camera: Built-In 2MP Camera For Video Conferencing.
- CPU: Amlogic S812 Quad-core Cortex A9.
- GPU: Octa core ARM Mali-450 GPU up to 600MHz.
- Play 3D Blu-ray and Blu-ray ISO format videos.
- 4Kx2K HDMI Output (Ultra HD decode and play 2096 x 2304 & 3840 x 2160 Ultra HD Movies).
- 1 * CXS806 Smart TV Box.
- 1 * IR Remote Control.
- 1 * HDMI cable.
- 1 * Power adapter.
- 1 * Manual in English.
CXS806 Amlogic S812 TV Box
Items in package:
- x1 CXS806 Smart TV Box.
- x1 Power Adapter.
- 1x IR Remote Control Unit.
- 1x HDMI Cable.
- 1x User Manual.
Design & Quality:
Both design and quality are very high. The case shape isn’t the traditional square design, what you find in many android boxes. Looking at Top and Bottom of the casing It doesn’t have any ventilation holes. From my personal first impression operating the unit remains pretty cold and doesn’t get hot much.
Ports & Interfaces:
- x3 USB 2.0 HOST.
- x1 RJ45 wire Ethernet connection.
- x1 HDMI.
- x1 AV Output.
- x1 Optical output.
- x1 5V 2A DC port.
- x1 Power Adapter (Output: DC 5V/2A).
The CXS806 Runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat Operating system with Amlogic Windows Tiles style UI.
The Product is simple to operate. There isn’t a power bottom, Turning unit ON/OFF is done trough IR Remote control unit that’s also very compatible with the handle. The remote control has all standard basic functions such as navigation, home, Back, and “Mouse mode” where users can more cursor on the TV screen using remote navigation keys. This option is less convenient therefore it highly recommended buying a Fly Mouse Remote control integrated with a mini keyboard.
CXS806 IR Remote Control
Performance is good as expected from a quad-core Amlogic processor with a Mali-450 Octa Core GPU. Antutu benchmark score ranked 31733, which is a standard result for this type of hardware. The Box came pre-installed with Kodi/XBMC 14.1, I played few high bitrate samples in 2Kx4K quality, including Blu-Ray video files with sizes up to 33GB and all of them played smoothly without any visual lags or freezes.
- Video Camera: The video quality is of a 2MP camera, It’s not HD quality but its enough for video conferencing via Skype or Google Hangouts.
- WiFi: Worked well without problems streaming videos from YouTube.
Unpacking & XBMC/Kodi Demo
The CXS806 is an excellent well-designed TV Box with great XBMC/Kodi support playing a wide selection of video formats including Blu-Ray and ISO files. For further information including wholesale inquires welcome to contact supplier trough contact information listed below.