Banana Pi Launches Dual Band (2.4/5 GHz) WiFi Extender Module
WiFi/802.11 (2.4/5 GHz) WiFi Extender Module – Product Announcement
Shenzhen SINOVOIP Co., Ltd, a well-known design and manufacturing company of IoT and SBC (single board computers) products launched a brand new Dual Band Wireless Module with 2.4/5 GHz connectivity support for their Banana Pi BPI-R2 and Banana Pi BPI-R64 router boards which connects to the boards PCIe interface socket.
The new module is on sale on the official SINOVOIP AliExpress store for $39 (excluding shipping). It features an MT7615 integrated Wi-Fi single chip is capable of supporting 1733 Mbps PHY rate, It fully complies with IEEE 802.11ac and IEEE802.11 a/b/n standards, offering feature-rich wireless connectivity at high standards, and delivering reliable, cost-effective throughput from an extended distance.
With optimized RF architecture and baseband, algorithms provide superb performance and low power consumption. Intelligent MAC design deploys a high efficient offload engine and hardware data processing accelerators which completely offloads the Wi-Fi task of the host processor.MT7615 is designed to support standard based features in the areas of the host processor.MT7615 is designed to support standard based features in the areas of security quality of service and international regulations. giving end users the greatest performance at any time and in any circumstance.
The MT7615 supports concurrent dual-band operation at 5GHz and 2.4GHz band(DBDC, Dual-Band-Dual-Concurrent0.It enables diversified applications that require one link at 2.4GHz band, and the other at less crowded 5GHz band simultaneously.
With the advent of 802.11ac, multiuser MIMO(MU-MIMO) is defined. Mt7615 supports MU-MIMO with different configurations. An AP is able to use its antenna arrays to transmit multiple frames to different clients at the same time and over the same frequency spectrum.
- Support 4×4 4SS 11ac wave2 MU-MIMO and 160MHz channels
- Mu-MIMO configurations of
- -4 Users:4*1SS
- -3 users:2*1ss+1*2ss or 3*1ss
- -2 users:2*2ss or 1*1ss
- +1*2ss or 2*1ss
- support 5,10,20,40,80,80+80,and 160MHz channels
- Embedded ARM cortex R4 processor for full host CPU offload.
- Embedded 32-bit RISC microprocessor.
- iNIC Gen2 with full Wi-Fi offload
- Highly integrated RF with 40nm low power process.
- 4T4R with support of up to 1733Mbps PHY rate.
- Configurable 4×4/3×3 or 2x2n+2x2ac DBDC
- Noise mitigation:
Supports background scan function for fast channel switching.-Supports spectrum analysis for non-Wi-Fi signals
- Intelligent power saving
- Hardware-based Airtime Fairness(QoS)
- Integrate high-efficiency internal 2.4G/5G PAs
- Intelligent Calibration(iCal)reduces the production time
- Supports external PA/LNA/TRSW design
- WoWLAN via GPIO(client mode),spports Host Sleep(AP mode)
- Compact 12mm*12mm DRQFN118 package with PCIe Gen2 interface.
- Operation Systems supported: Linux, OpenWRT, Android.