The NanoPi K2 single-board computer is FriendlyELEC (formally FirendlyARM) recently launched board, powered with the latest low-end Amlogic 905 SoC. This new board features a 60 pin header GPIO compatible with Raspberry Pi boards as well as onboard WiFi, Gigabyte Ethernet, IPEX Antenna interface, Micro SD Card slot, IR Receiver, four USB 2.0 Hosts, HDMI 2.0 capable of outputting video at 4K@60fps. In terms of driver support and compatibility, this SBC is equipped with a pantra Mali 450 GPU with decent software support from the open-source community, including Amlogic company.
What’s more interesting about this board design, is the fact that FriendlyELEC decided to add a socket for the EMMC expansion Module to probably provide different storage configurations. This board is very fresh and currently only supports Android 5.1 OS. The company is working on providing more images, so we will keep an eye wait for new updates when out.
NanoPi K2 single-board computer
NanoPi K2 board specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905, Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53@1.5GHz, DVFS
- GPU – Penta-core ARM Mali™-450
- RAM: 2GB DDR3
- Storage: eMMC socket interface, 1 x Micro-SD slot, USB Host: 4 x USB 2.0 Host
- Micro USB: 1 x USB 2.0, OTG, power input, and data transmission
- IR: On-board IR receiver
- Audio: Via HDMI/Bluetooth
- I2S: 7-Pin, 2.54 mm pitch pin-header
- Network Connectivity: 10/100/1000M (RTL8211F)
- Wireless:802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth:4.0 dual-mode
- User Key: 1 x power key
- LED: 1 x power LED and 1 x status LED
- Power Interface: DC jack, Micro-USB
- Serial debug port: 4-Pin, 2.54 mm pitch single-row pin-header
- HDMI 2.0 Type-A (supports 4K video), SPDIF, and CVBS
- GPIO: 40-Pin, 2.54mm pitch pin-header including I2C, ADC, GPIO, UART, PWM,
Antenna: On-board porcelain antenna shared by both WiFi & BT (IPX interface).