Orange Pi R1 Plus OpenWRT Router SBC Powered By RK3328
Orange Pi R1 Plus
Orange Pi team just launched their new Orange Pi R1 Plus SBC. The board comes with a pair of Gbe Ethernet ports, categorizing the product as a router board. It’s powered by a low consumption Rockchip RK3328 Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 64-bit processor next to a Mali-450MP2 GPU. There are already a few similar boards like the NanoPi R2S launched by FriendyARM with almost identical specs. We look forward to seeing better and wider software support with this new SBC.
Orange Pi R1 Plus | Top view
Orange Pi R1 Plus | Bottom view
- CPU: Rockchip RK3328 Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 64-bit processor, main frequency speeds up to 1.5GHz
- GPU: Mali-450MP2 Supports OpenGL ES 1.0/2.0
- Power management chip: RK805
- Memory(SDRAM): 1GB DDR4（ shared with GPU）
- Onboard Storage Micro-SD Card slot 16MB SPI Flash
- Onboard Network: 10M/100M/1000M Ethernet （RTL8211E） 10M/100M/1000M USB Ethernet （RTL8153B）
- Video Output: TV CVBS output（Via 13pin interface board）
- Audio output: 3.5mm audio port（Via 13pin interface board）
- Power Source: USB Type C interface 5V2A input
- USB: 1x USB 2.0 HOST
- Low-level peripherals: 13pin header with IR pin、Tv-out、AUDIO(no MIC) 2xUSB2.0（not support）and 1 GPIO port
- Debug serial port: UART-TX、UART-RX and GND
- Button: 1x Reset Button
- Fan interface: 1x cooling fan interface (5V)
- LED: Power led & Status led
- IR receiver: Support IR remote control (via 13pin interface board)
- Supported OS: Android 9、Ubuntu、Debian、OpenWRT
Extra product highlights
The Orange Pi R1 Plus supports OpenWrt / Ubuntu and Android 9.0 OS. On top of that, If you really need to have video output, it’s also possible to get an AV out of a signal through the 13pin header. Orange Pi team is expected to offer a low-cost expansion board that would offer multiple interfaces: AV, Two USB 2.0 Hosts, and a built-in microphone.
Where can you get it!
Orange Pi R1 Plus single board is sold for $24.99 at Orange Pi Official AliExpress store, or you can get it also on Amazon US. Please note that the price is only for the board and doesn’t include extra accessories and shipping costs. If you need a Heat-sink and case, you should be considering buying the board as part of a kit or design it yourself DIY style. Overall, we think it’s a good deal for a low power small form factor SBC.