Table of Contents
NanoPi NEO2 Black: A Tiny Affordable Allwinner H5 Powered SBC
The NanoPi NEO2 Black is a small form factor SBC measuring 40x40mm powered by Allwinner H5 SoC that is designed for low power and computing applications. an evolution of the previous NanoPi NEO SBC series, but with few major improvements Such as the increased memory capacity up to 1GB RAM and eMMC flash module on-board socket support (optional), with it you can expect improved read/write speeds and booting speed compared to using traditional media storage option as a Micro SD Memory Card.
NanoPi NEO2 Black supports Ubuntu 18.04 (FriendlyCore) and OpenWrt (FriendlyWrt), as well as Armbian which is also already supported. the board is currently available for purchase for $19.99 plus shipping on FriendlyElec’s website.
NanoPi NEO2 Black | Ports & Interfaces
NanoPi NEO2 Black Specification:
- SoC – Allwinner H5 quad-core Cortex A53 processor with an ARM Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – MicroSD card slot, eMMC flash module connector
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet (via RTL8211E-VB-CG chip)
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 1x micro USB OTG port, 1x USB via headers
- Expansion headers
- 10-pin header with I2C, UART, GPIOs, and power signals (5V in/out + GND)
- 6-pin header with 1x USB, Line Out (stereo), 1x GPIO
- Debugging – 2-pin unpopulated header for serial console / debugging
- Misc – Power and system LEDs
- Power Supply – 5V via micro USB port or VDD pin on headers.
- Dimensions – 40 x 40 mm
- Weight – ~16 grams