- Amazfit Neo Review – Hands-on review, specification, features.
- Read More Articles: Amazfit Band 6 Review, specs
One of the most exciting smartwatches launched in August 2020. The Amazing Neo exterior design combines an outward appearance of a Casio 80s style watch with all modern smartwatch capability, including mobile connectivity through the ‘Zepp’ App that supports all Amazfit branded devices.
The watch comes with 5ATM waterproofing, with the plastic body weighing 32 grams and available in 3 colors: black, deep green, and red. The watch’s frame remains black, and only the body and strap match the relevant color. The Neo strap comes in a standard 20 mm size and is interchangeable, as it is made of PUR (Polyurethane).
Amazfit Neo – How to Connect
Amazfit Neo: Advanced. Retro. Versatile
The Amazfit Neo features a retro four-sided screen equipped with four physical buttons. Its design provides the perfect balance of style for your daily wardrobe and versatile functionality with the use of physical buttons. It’s the ideal combination of classic design and modern features.
Amazfit Neo Smartwatch features
- CONTINUOUS HEART RATE & SLEEP MONITORING: Amazfit Neo Smartwatch can track your heart rate 24/7. Also, you can monitor your sleep. Once synchronized to the app, you can review your sleep’s various stages and quality.
- RETRO DESIGN 1.2” ALWAYS-ON DISPLAY WITH LIFT-TO-WAKE BACKLIGHT: This smartwatch features a retro-styled, always-on display that lets you see the screen clearly under bright light. The Lift-to-wake feature allows you to activate the net quickly.
- ULTRA-LONG 28-DAY BATTERY LIFE: The Amazfit Neo fitness smartwatch has an impressively long battery life and power-management capabilities. It also can be used for up to 28 days on typical usage & 37 Days on primary usage on a single full charge.
- 5-ATM WATER RESISTANT & 3 SPORTS MODE TRACKING: This sports smartwatch features a durable case and PUR strap, providing effective waterproofing to 50 meters depth. The resilient design will perform in harsh environments by running, walking, or cycling.
- MESSAGE AND PHONE CALL NOTIFICATIONS: intelligent Neo Amazfit watch is designed for both men and women. It can sync text messages, e-mails, and notifications from several popular apps on your smartphone, such as Call Reminders, Alarm Clock, Sedentary Reminders, etc.
Amazfit Neo Specification
|Display type||FSTN monochrome screen|
|Display size||1.2 inch|
|Colors||Red, Black, and Green|
|Dimensions||40.3 x 41 x 11.7 mm|
Compatible with Android 5.0+ and iOS 10.0+
|Dial||Band material: TPU|
Case material: ABS, PC
The shape of the dial: Square Shaped
Dial size: 1.2 inch
|Straps||Polyurethane (PUR) straps, 20mm width|
|Features||Real-time heart rate monitor|
5ATM water resistance
Call, and App Notification alerts
Idle Alert, Alarm, and Stopwatch
|Sensors||PPG Bio-Tracking Optical Heart Rate Sensor, accelerometer|
|Battery||Battery Capacity: 160mAh|
Charging Time: About 4 hours
Standby time: About 28 days
|Package Contents||1 x Smart Watch|
1 x Charging Cable
1 x Manual
|Dimensions and Weight||Product weight: 0.0320 kg|
Package weight: 0.1150 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 4.03 x 4.10 x 1.17 cm / 1.59 x 1.61 x 0.46 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 18.40 x 8.50 x 3.30 cm / 7.24 x 3.35 x 1.3 inches
Amazing Neo: PPG Heart Rate Sensor
The Amazfit Neo can track your heart rate 24/7. Equipped with BioTrackerTM PPG Bio-Tracking Optical Sensor that can monitor your heart rate 24 hours a day, providing real-time heart rate monitoring to help you better understand your health status.
Amazfit Neo: Fitness and sports tracking features
Supported by BioTrackerTM PPG sensor3 and powerful algorithms, the Amazfit Neo helps track your exercise, including steps and calories. Choose from running, walking, or cycling modes, view more detailed information about your exercise time and heart rate and increase your PAI value score.
Amazfit Neo: Monitor Your Health
The Amazfit Neo integrates the innovative PAI Health Assessment System, which eliminates the need to track detailed data and lets you intuitively understand your physical state at a glance.
PAITM can be used anytime, anywhere, and with any form of exercise in your daily life. Get a clear understanding of your health through your PAI score without keeping track of complex data.
Fantastic Neo users can also find many accessories purchased separately to help upgrade the watch’s appearance and make it more fashionable. For example, silicon-made strap or metal with different designs or even an Anti-Scratch protective film that helps protect the display from scratches.
Unboxing All Items
- x1 User Guide (Multi-language)
- x1 Amazfit Neo Watch
- 1x USB Charger
As noted before. The Amazfit Neo is a retro-style health sports watch. In external appearance, it reminds the old fashion Casio watch, a trendy iconic item sold in the 80s. But don’t get confused; it’s not an ordinary “dumb” look but a pretty advanced wearable that can be worn independently and operated with Amazift ‘Zepp’ mobile app, available for Android and Apple devices.
Amazfit Neo Smartwatch| Front & Rear views
Wearing the Amazfit Neo watch
In the material and weight departments. The Amazfit Neo shell is made from ABS plastic and comes with a ~20 cm length x 2 cm (width) strap made from a relatively soft Polyurethane (PUR) material. Because of the intelligent selection of materials, you get a super light product, weighing just 29g and making it an ideal pick for adults, especially children of all ages.
From our impression. It’s straightforward to operate the Amazfit Neo watch. Most settings can be controlled throughout the phone or manually via the smartwatch operation buttons. To switch between different operating modes, you just use the up/down navigation keys until you reach the required way.
Because the Amazfit Neo has a lot of exciting functions and it’s almost impossible to cover them in detail, we will focus on the most unique and relevant features we found in this product.
Backlight – A great option if you’re using the watch in low-light environments, including at night.
To manually turn option one, you press the ‘BACK’ button for a few seconds, and the display backlight turns on for a few seconds to give you a quick peek and then automatically shuts down.
The automatic option is more advanced. It turns the backlight every time a wrist movement is detected. You can find the vote in the ‘Zepp’ App under `Lift wrist to view info. Within the settings section, you can program or turn this option to work continuously for a day.
- Display – The Amazfit Neo features a 1.2-inch Super-twisted nematic (STN) display panel that guarantees low power battery consumption and offers good visibility under direct sunlight, making it an excellent choice for outdoor activities. The display UI layout is very organized, composed of the time, date, and day. On the top left corner of the display, your operation modes/status indicator is displayed as a series of icons according to selected modes.
- 10+ Operation modes: Calories, Distance, DND, Heart rate, PAI, Stopwatch, Weather, World clock, Alarm, Call,(Battery Status).
The Amazfit Neo Smartwatch | Outdoors view on a sunny day
- Heart Rate – The 24/7 monitoring mode performed exceptionally well and was easy to operate. The function can be turned on without using the ‘Zepp.’ If you need more detailed information, the app offers detailed measurement information such as the day of the week and the time they were taken. You also have different heart rate zones divided into specific physiological categories: Relaxed, Light, Intensive, Aerobic, Anaerobic, and V̇O2 max (maximum rate of oxygen consumption) we didn’t test yet.
- World Clock – displaying different time zones on the watch.
- Weather – viewing current weather status and temperatures.
A 160 mAh lithium-ion polymer battery powers the Amazfit Neo. You can use a standard 5V – 500 mA USB Host to charge the watch. In terms of design, it’s simple and effective. The USB cable comes with a small base, which attaches with minimal pressure to two conductive contact points on the back of the watch.
Charging the Amazfit Neo Smartwatch
Phone Call Notification
The phone call notification worked well for us. When the user receives an incoming call, you first hear a notification beeping sound followed by the called ID name displayed in the watch upper area.
Based on the user guide brochure translations to various languages. The Amazfit Neo watch supports up to +20 languages, including right-to-left languages such as Hebrew and Arabic.
The Amazfit Neo displays incoming call notifications in the Hebrew language.
Instant messaging (IM)
On the less positive side, the watch doesn’t offer IM or text notification function, so the only notification you get is in the form of a beeping sound. Most users would probably find this missing feature disappointing as one of the main ideas of using a smartwatch is to read text notifications without taking the phone out of a small pocket/bag.
We couldn’t figure out why the size of the ‘Zepp’ Android APP installation file size is about ~98 MB, which is significantly prominent for a mobile app. Leaving this issue aside, the app offers many exciting features under a reasonably organized UI. We liked the Short, sleep monitoring, and heart rate monitoring functions. Typical sports activities such as walking and running are also included and run jointly with the Google Maps service.
The Amazfit Neo watch is an excellent product with a great design. It is a perfect gift for children and adults with a solid nostalgic sense of the 80s. Plus. The price is also excellent. Bottom line, we loved and strongly recommended it!
Where can you buy the Amazfit Neo?
The Amazing Neo smartwatch received good user reviews. It’s currently on sale on the AliExpress Amazofit Store for a super low price of $29.90.